hello if you happen to google the brand and came across this I’m linking the current new back up IG account while she undergoes business that has the original account down for a second KIKITHEBRAND
Hi, I’m Kiana Davis. I am the owner and designer of Kiki’s Kini’s. My brand specializes in handmade swimwear.
1. When did you establish your company?
“I created my company in July of 2017.”
2. Would you like to expand and venture into creating other clothing eventually as you grow?
“I am currently in the process of expending, I added a vintage section to my website last month and I will be adding jewelry for the New Year!”
3. If you could, what designer would you sit down with and appreciate advice from?
“I would like to sit down with Natasha Oakley and Devin Brugman. They are two great friends who own a swim line together. I love how they focus on women empowerment and comfort”
4. What made you want to start your business?
“What inspired me to open my business is the fact that I used to pay so much for swimsuits. I learned how to sew in high school so I figured that I should just give sewing bikinis a try!”
5. What’s a Brand similar to yours that influences you to put out quality?
“I really don’t have a specific brand that inspires my pieces. I use Pinterest a lot, sketch my favorite designs that I see and make my own spin on it!”
6. Name one thing that you absolutely despise about other brands & their bikinis, what makes you different?
“I absolutely despise the prices of other brands. I understand spending $200 for a bikini set if it’s quality and made by one person, and not a machine. My bikinis are under $100 and each and every piece is handmade by me, with extra love!”
7. What’s something that gets you going creatively when working on a new project?
“There are so many things that inspire me to create. Watching Sex and The City, going to the beach, and shopping. I get inspired by thinking about the places that I can go, looking at women’s swimwear when I visit different beaches, and when I look at different displays or fabrics while shopping.”
8. Is there anything you learned you would like share, regarding anything you’ve learned within the last year?
“I learned that you cannot let anything stop you. If you want to create something, do it and don’t let anything get into your way.”
9. Where’d you get your name from?
“Kiki’s Kini’s literally just came to me after I made my first bikini. My name is Kiana and my grandpa used to call me Kiki so that’s where I got the first part from! Then took out “bi” bikini and made it kini!”
Where you’re from: Morristown, New Jersey
Dream Occupation: Business Owner
Favorite Era: 1960’s